REAL STORIES. REAL DIAMONDS. REAL IMPACT.
Submit a 60 Second Video sharing your real proposal story and what your real diamond engagement ring means to you and your relationship.
Get Inspired by our example entry!
EXPERIENCE ALL THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES HAVE TO OFFER
Our winning couple will enjoy a week of adventure in a place like no other.
With its legendary past and constantly evolving present, the beautiful landscapes, rich history and vibrant culture of the spectacular Northwest Territories await.
Days will be packed with some of the most exciting adventures Canada's North has to offer.
Ice Road Adventure
See the positive impact of diamonds in
Canada's Northwest Territories
While the country’s beauty is no secret, many people are surprised to learn that Canada is one of the world’s largest producers of natural diamonds.
The Northwest Territories are perched along the edges of the arctic circle, and the land is blanketed in snow 8 months out of the year.
But beneath the earth’s surface, diamonds – billions of years old – lie waiting to be released.
Protecting the land that provides these precious gems is of the highest importance to diamond companies in the Northwest Territories. In fact, these companies protect 3X the amount of land they utilize for business, and implement programs to ensure the conservation of wildlife, like safe caribou migration and grizzly bear DNA tracking.
The Government of the Northwest Territories put in place strict guidelines when diamond mining began in the late 1990s to protect both the sanctity of the land and honor the culture of its indigenous communities. This consists of working with indigenous groups on things like reporting and environmental protection guidelines.
Supporting local communities is a top priority for diamond companies in the Northwest Territories. Since diamond mining operations began over 20 years ago, diamond mines have purchased $13.8 billions in goods and services from Northern indigenous companies, and share 25% of royalties with indigenous governments.
MEET OUR JUDGES
DIAMONDS DO GOOD
Last year, we asked couples to submit their real proposal stories. Our winning couple was sent to Botswana for the adventure of a lifetime to learn about the real impact of natural diamonds. This year, we’re sending our winning couple to Canada’s Spectacular Northwest Territories!
Check Out our 2018 winner's video!
SCROLL UP TO LEARN HOW TO ENTER OUR 2019 CONTEST
Unique and rare, diamonds have existed long before life on earth, forming billions of years ago nearly 100 miles beneath the earth’s surface, waiting for their chance to shine. Today, the diamond is the universal symbol of love, representing our emotions, relationships and milestones.
Learn about the history of natural diamonds
LEARN ABOUT THE HISTORY OF NATURAL DIAMONDS
The diamond industry works everyday to give back to the communities where they do business. From healthcare and education, infrastructure and environment, employment and childcare, the diamond industry gives back to communities, and Diamonds Do Good is the platform in which these good stories are being told.
See How Diamonds Do Good
VIEW MORE DIAMONDS DO GOOD STORIES
Real Stories, Real Diamonds, Real Impact Contest
No Purchase Necessary
- Contest Period: The Real Stories, Real Diamonds, Real Impact Contest (“Contest”) begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 16, 2019 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on October 31, 2019 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers, directors of The Diamond Empowerment Fund (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Signet Group Services US Inc. and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and judging organizations (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), as well as their family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins) and/or persons living under the same household are not eligible to enter. This Contest shall be construed and evaluated solely according to United States law and subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- How To Enter: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, you may enter on your web enabled mobile device using the Instagram application (the “Site”) by following @diamondsdogood and uploading a 60 second video sharing your real proposal story and what your natural diamond engagement ring means to you and your relationship with the hashtag #myDDGProposalStory and tagging @diamondsdogood to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”). NOTE: Your diamond must be 100% natural (not lab grown or synthetic) and you will be required to show proof if you are determined as a potential prize winner (i.e: grading report). You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your web enabled mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
See below for Entry Requirements. Limit one (1) Entry per person. All Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on October 31, 2019 to be included in the Contest judging. The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”) and to whom the prize will be awarded, if determined a winner. By entering, you understand that your Entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on the Site, on Sponsor’s websites and/or used in other Sponsor-selected media, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites.
Submission: All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Normal Internet and/or mobile device access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online and/or mobile service will apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Video Entry must be no longer than 60 seconds in length.
- Entry may contain other people (who must be 21 or older) and all those depicted must have provided their consent for submission in the Contest.
- Entry must be in English.
- Video Entry must be in one of the following formats: .mpeg, .mpg4, .avi, .mov, .mp4 or .wmv.
- Entry must be unique and the sole, original work of the Entrant.
- Entry may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, and family) through any means.
- Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the Entry from any other source. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as an original work.
- Entry must not (and Entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure living or dead, or include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate language; and may not include nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, products or companies.
The Entrant must own all rights in and to the Entry. Contest Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image, or they will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. By entering, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements.
- Transfer of Rights: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Released Parties the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) and any footage from Grand Prize trip (if determined the Grand Prize winner) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, and/or other Sponsor-selected media).
- Judging and Winner Determination: All Entries submitted will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”) on or about November 7, 2019, based on the following judging criteria to determine the Top 5 Entries, one (1) Grand Prize winner and four (4) Finalists: Originality/Creativity of Entry – 40%; Authenticity – 40%; and Share-ability – 20%. The Entry that receives the highest score from the Judges will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner (who also gets a Finalist Prize), subject to verification. The next four (4) Entries that receive the next highest scores will be deemed the Finalists. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based 100% on Originality/Creativity of the Entry. Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest. The Grand Prize winner and each of the Finalists will each be posted on the Site (they will all be posted as Top 5 only) over a 2-month period and the actual Grand Prize winner will not be announced until February 2020. By entering, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor may post their Entry online in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Winner Notification: The Entrant whose Entry is determined the potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email and/or phone on or about November 15, 2019 and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights within seven (7) days of notification or his/her Entry will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined. The Grand Prize winner must be available to take the trip to the Northwest Territories before the end of March 2020. The Grand Prize winner must agree not to announce to anyone that they have officially won until February 2020 (as the Sponsor determines). The Finalists will be contacted via email and will need to verify their address, eligibility and provide an Assignment of Rights within seven (7) days of notification or his/her Entry will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined. If any winner notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the Entrant fails to return the required verification documents from his/herself or respond within the required time frame, said Entrant will be disqualified. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible or if they do not comply with the Official Rules, said Entrant will be disqualified. If an Entrant is disqualified for one of the reasons mentioned above, an alternate will be determined in the same manner for the applicable winner as described above. Grand Prize winner will be confirmed first. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Released Parties to use winner’s name, winner’s significant other’s name, Entry, pictures, footage (as defined below and as applicable) and likeness for promotional purposes in any and all media throughout the Universe in perpetuity without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Grand Prize winner (and their significant other) and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant based on the results of such background check, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Grand Prize to such Entrant might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification as an Entrant include, without limitation, any Entrant having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A 7-day/6-night trip for the winner and one (1) travel companion to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada (on one  trip): Trip includes economy-class air transportation for (2) from New York, NY to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada; and from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada to New York, NY; 6 nights include hotel accommodations [one (1) standard room, based on double occupancy] in Yellowknife and surrounding areas; ground transportation from Yellowknife airport to hotel and for all scheduled activities while in the Northwest Territories of Canada. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any transportation to/from New York airport/winner’s home. The Grand Prize will also include $3,000 cash (awarded in the form of a check to winner) that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the Grand Prize and/or any transportation to/from New York airport/winner’s home. The Grand Prize winner will also receive the Finalist Prize of a Sponsor-specified bracelet. The ARV of the Grand Prize is: $13,125. Finalist Prizes (4): A Sponsor-specified bracelet. ARV $125 each.
Prize Information: Prizes are Sponsor-specified. Prizes (or any portion of the prize) are nontransferable, non-assignable, and no substitution or cash redemption is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion of the prize) is unavailable. If a prize winner’s engagement ring is found to be synthetic, the winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be determined. Grand Prize Information: The actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must take flight from specified New York airport. Grand Prize travel must be taken before the end of March 2020, or Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion will be asked to film and photograph the Grand Prize trip (“footage”) to share with the Sponsor and Sponsor may use that footage in any way it sees fit. Exact travel dates and arrangements are subject to availability, limitations, blackout dates, capacities, and other restrictions and are subject to change, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Meals, tips and other expenses not explicitly included in the Grand Prize package are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Each airline carrier’s regulations apply. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must execute a Release of Liability/Assignment of Rights prior to travel and must be 21 years of age or older. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo I.D., passport, etc.) in order to travel. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must have all necessary medical clearances prior to travel. Released Parties are not responsible for and assume no liability for cancellation or unavailability of specific flights departures. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes in connection with the prize (if applicable), including without limitation federal, state and local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof. The Grand Prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of prize.
- General Rules: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and instructions and by all decisions of the Released Parties, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, Entrants and the winners and travel companion agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties and Instagram from and against any claims, damages, or liability due to any damages, or losses or injuries to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Entrants further agree not to pursue any right, claim or action against the Released Parties or Instagram in connection with their participation in this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email associated with Entrant’s Instagram account will be deemed to be the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” of an email address or is the natural person in whose name the email address has been issued by the Internet Access provider or on-line service provider. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, technical hardware/software failures of any kind, lost/unavailable network connections, or failed/incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit a user’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entrants/Grand Prize winner, hereby disclaim any rights, including any copyright or any other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry and/or footage following the assignment contemplated hereby. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability of an individual to participate in or accept the prizes in the Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for damages to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest or downloading any information to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel any of the portions of the Contest if they become technically corrupted. In such event, Sponsor would judge the Entries (from those submitted prior to cancellation, if applicable) based on the same judging criteria listed above to determine the winners.
- Dispute Resolution: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that 1) Any and all disputes, claims, and of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; 2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall not include any punitive, consequential or other damages, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event include attorneys’ fees; 3) The value of the prizes as set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARV in its sole and absolute discretion thereof and such determinations are final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of any prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash; and 4) Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All dispute resolution shall be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. These Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the state of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules.
- No Waiver: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by January 31, 2020, to: Real Stories, Real Diamonds, Real Impact Contest Winners, Dept. EG, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor is The Diamond Empowerment Fund, 450 Lexington Ave. 4th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won this price. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. One (1) Grand Prize has a retail value of approximately $13,125. Four (4) Finalist Prizes each have a retail value of approximately $125.00. Contest is sponsored by The Diamond Empowerment Fund, 450 Lexington Ave. 4th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Entry is limited to (1) Entry per person. Entry is limited to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are 21 years of age or older as of date of Entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Diamond Empowerment Fund, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., Signet Group Services US Inc. and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotional agencies and judging organizations. Entry deadline is October 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET.